Monday, February 14, 2011

On A Valentine's Day

A post about all the weird things I love about The Dog!

**She is crazy bad in the car.  She boings around all over the place when she knows where we are going (or thinks she does…) and squeals.  If she is really excited, she will bark like an air horn in my ear. I have a seat belt for her since I can’t quite fit a kennel, but the seat belt doesn’t really stop her from doing this (in 2.2 seconds she will have crawled up onto the armrest and squawked in my face):


**She really likes Ke$ha and old school Heart songs and thinks it is great fun to sing along: Howling usually starts when one of their songs comes up on the radio/iPod shuffle.   

**She will be four this year and still does the puppy head tilt.  Extra special cute effect: If you tilt your head too, she will mirror your movement.

**She chipped my front tooth because she gets THAT excited to see me. Like a furry torpedo with target lock.  Every time. Luckily I have learned to stand up!

**She will toss her toys down the stairs for attention. If no one gives her attention, she will go get it, and start again with more noticeable toy (like a bone!). And if all else fails, she will play by herself. Stairs are FUN!

**She loves Shark Week. Possibly more than me. The scary shark music makes her sooo happy.

**She loves to wear clothes like a person. And sit on the couch like a person. I think she has an ongoing identity crisis.

**She guilt trips me better than the Jewish Matriarch stereotype whenever I leave the house. She is so dramatic.  Her “I can’t believe you are leaving me” act could win an Oscar from even the most critical Academy.

**She will find my Chapstick for me, no matter where I have misplaced it, and deposit it in my lap in one piece.

Of course, I love about a million other things that she is or does too. These are just a few of the strangest reasons why I am glad to have her, and the things I have a feeling I am going to want to remember someday.

On this day where love is in the air, do remember your doggy Valentines too! After all, they are the best source of unconditional love you could find.  


We long for an affection altogether ignorant of our faults.  Heaven has accorded this to us in the uncritical canine attachment.  ~George Eliot

No comments:

Post a Comment